qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison with RabbitMQ
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:27:11 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:57 AM, vivek agarwal <koolvivek2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> We are planning to use a Java broker as most of our applications are in
> Java. Will this affect performance?

As Gordon mentioned, please try both the Java and C++ broker and see
what fits your needs.
The C++ broker is only available on Linux and Windows.

> Is it possible to use a C++ broker, with Java clients ( I am asking this
> cause I believe a C++ broker will give better performance than Java broker).

Yes it is.
The C++ broker supports the AMQP 0-10 version, therefore it will work
with the python, Java, C++ & C# clients as they all have an 0-10
implementation.
The Java broker supports AMQP 0-8/0-9/0-10 versions of the protocol.
Therefore you could use any of the clients above and the ruby client
(which only supports 0-8) as well.

If you want at-least-once semantics, then I'd suggest you use the 0-10 version.
>From what I recall the 0-8 version will not give you at-least-once
semantics unless you use transactions.
If your applications are in Java, then you need to use the JMS
interfaces. It will ensure that your application remains unchanged
when you switch to a new AMQP version (or for that matter a different
JMS provider).
The addressing syntax allows you to leverage the AMQP features while
sticking to the JMS interfaces.

If you have further questions, feel free to engage us through the user-list.

Regards,

Rajith