qpid-users mailing list archives

From vivek agarwal <koolvivek2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparison with RabbitMQ
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:52:30 GMT
So, suppose, if I provide a API for my users to access Qpid, and allow them
to dequeue data and I send the data back over the network to them. Now
unless, they acknowledge that they have processed the data, I may receieve
thousand such requests (or more). I want to keep the data around, but would
not be able to maintain the track of session object for each such dequeue
request.

I dont want my users to worry about using qpid, so I give them very simple
API abstracting the details of connection, connection factory and all this.

I think this is not a very rare use-case, and I would like to know, if there
is any work around for acknowledgment in such situations.

Thanks,
Vivek