qpid-users mailing list archives

From Caio Brentano <caiobrent...@gmail.com>
Subject Losing messages
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:12:33 GMT
Hello folks

I've noticed that I'm losing some messages and I need to elimanate these
loses.
I'm using python 2.4 and qpid 0.5.

This is how the client send messages to the queue.

        # Create a connection.
        try:
                lvSocket = connect(lvHost, lvPort)
        except Exception, e:
                log.critical('Error: host [%s] port [%d]'%(lvHost, lvPort))
                sys.exit(-1)

        lvConnection = Connection(sock=lvSocket, username=lvUser,
password=lvPassword)
        lvConnection.start()

        lvSession = lvConnection.session(str(uuid4()))

        lvProps = lvSession.delivery_properties(routing_key=pvRoutingKey)

        try:
                lvSession.message_transfer(destination=pvQpidExch,
message=Message(lvProps, pvMsg))
        except qpid.exceptions.Timeout:
                log.warning('message_transfer exception')

My guess is that I need to configure the session to send sync messages,
right?

What should I do to really guarantee the delivery?

Btw, Python documentation is very unfriendly! =(

Thanks in advance
--
Caio Brentano