qpid-users mailing list archives

From <warwick.rich...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: Clustering not working
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:09:26 GMT
Have you added "to_syslog: yes" to the logging{} section of openais.conf ? Maybe there is an
error message from openais but it's suppressed.

I'd also try full trace on both brokers. There should be a trace message in the first broker's
log every time a member joins.

If both brokers are using a configuration file (--config option), try diffing the files to
rule out typos. Ditto for both openais.conf files.

Does bindnetaddr end with a 0 in both openais.conf files ?

Hope you get it running.

-----Original Message-----
From: MHT [mailto:ehcuk@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, 19 August, 2010 8:52 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Clustering not working

Hi Gordon,

Yes, cluster name is the same.  Agreed, on previous occasions if there was an
issue on the clustering there would be a clue in the ais or broker logs, but I'm
not seeing anything obvious.

I'm running qpid 0.5.752581 on RedHat

[server1]$ qpid-cluster localhost:5673
  Cluster Name: TESTCluster
Cluster Status: ACTIVE
  Cluster Size: 1
       Members: ID=<server1IP>:32110
URL=amqp:tcp:<server1IP>:5673,tcp:<server2IP>:5673

[server2]$ qpid-cluster localhost:5673
  Cluster Name: TESTCluster
Cluster Status: ACTIVE
  Cluster Size: 1
       Members: ID=<server2IP>:32491
URL=amqp:tcp:<server2IP>:5673,tcp:<server1IP>:5673