qpid-users mailing list archives

From MHT <eh...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Clustering not working
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:56:10 GMT
Hi,

On a working cluster I see the expected node joins in logs for both boxes:
 [TOTEM] entering OPERATIONAL state.
 [CLM  ] got nodejoin message <serverIP1>
 [CLM  ] got nodejoin message <serverIP2>

But on this problem one I only see the local instance on both boxes:
 [TOTEM] entering OPERATIONAL state.
 [CLM  ] got nodejoin message  <serverIP1>

I've got logging on the brokers set to trace, but so far still not seeing any
obvious errors in the mass (other than the missing node join).  A diff on the
config file on each box shows only cluster-url is different, as expected because
it starts with the local broker address:port.

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com>
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Cc: warwick.richard@ubs.com
Sent: Fri, 20 August, 2010 15:16:39
Subject: Re: Clustering not working

On 08/20/2010 02:09 AM, warwick.richard@ubs.com wrote:
> Have you added "to_syslog: yes" to the logging{} section of openais.conf ?
>Maybe there is an error message from openais but it's suppressed.
>
> I'd also try full trace on both brokers. There should be a trace message in the
>first broker's log every time a member joins.
>
> If both brokers are using a configuration file (--config option), try diffing
>the files to rule out typos. Ditto for both openais.conf files.
>
> Does bindnetaddr end with a 0 in both openais.conf files ?
>
> Hope you get it running.

In the openais logs you should see something like the following, listing the
addresses of both your hosts:

Aug 19 22:15:04.016134 [TOTEM] entering OPERATIONAL state.
Aug 19 22:15:04.016879 [CLM  ] got nodejoin message 20.0.100.32
Aug 19 22:15:04.017037 [CLM  ] got nodejoin message 20.0.100.33

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org