qpid-users mailing list archives

From David Hawthorne <dha...@3crowd.com>
Subject Re: Messaging API - per-message acknowledgements
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:49:27 GMT
Have you seen the request-response example in the qpidc-0.6/examples/request-response directory?
 It might cover what you're trying to do, especially if you add a message id to the message
data.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Rob Springer wrote:

> All - We've been using Qpid 0.5 up to this point in our applications, and we're at the
point where we can begin evaluating 0.6.  Since it's supposed to be "the future", we've been
taking a look at the new messaging API, but we're hung up in one spot - we don't see (or haven't
found) a means to acknowledge messages individually and/or out-of-order.
>  Our application is heavily dependent on durable/persistent messages, and while we can
guarantee that all messages will be consumed and acknowledged in a timely manner, we can't
guarantee that all will be acknowledged strictly in the order in which they were received.
 Is there, then, a means to acknowledge individual messages, possibly out-of-order?