qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clustering not working
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:56:01 GMT
On 08/23/2010 06:43 PM, MHT wrote:
> So presume the tcpdump shows that the packet only gets as far as the multicast
> address but nothing receiving?  Sorry, I'm a numpty when it comes to networks.
> Also, the Reporter column in /proc/net/igmp shows all zeros. The servers that
> host the nodes where there's an issue are on the same vlan with no firewall
> between them, and selinux is disabled.

If you are running Linux, then by default in most distro's there is also
a firewall
running as a service on the box.

do a 'service ipstables stop' as root on both boxes.

If that resolves it, you can correct the iptables config. Form your
discription my bet
is that it is iptables.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org