qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to handle sync call by QPID Java api?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:56:34 GMT
zhaoyi0113@gmail.com wrote:
> I know that the JMS API works for this case. But I am looking for QPID API to
> solve this case. Doesn't QPID API support this?

The API you're using is the 0-10 protocol level API. It's really just
there to implement JMS over AMQP 0-10. It's not something we recommend
for general use as it is based directly on the 0-10 version of the
protocol and can't be used with AMQP 1-0.

The Messaging API available in C++ and Python would support this use
case as follows (this is presented in python for brevity):

   from qpid.messaging import *
   conn = Connection.establish("localhost")
   ssn = conn.session()
   replies = ssn.receiver("#replies; {create: always}")
   snd = ssn.sender("...")

   request = Message(reply_to=replies.source, content=...)
   snd.send(request)
   reply = replies.fetch()

Unfortunately the Messaging API isn't yet available for Java. So you'll
either need to code a blocking fetch on top of the lower level 0-10 API
or use JMS.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org