qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Springer <rsprin...@etinternational.com>
Subject Messaging API - per-message acknowledgements
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:20:56 GMT
All - We've been using Qpid 0.5 up to this point in our applications, and we're at the point
we can begin evaluating 0.6.  Since it's supposed to be "the future", we've been taking a
look at
the new messaging API, but we're hung up in one spot - we don't see (or haven't found) a means
acknowledge messages individually and/or out-of-order.
   Our application is heavily dependent on durable/persistent messages, and while we can guarantee

that all messages will be consumed and acknowledged in a timely manner, we can't guarantee
that all
will be acknowledged strictly in the order in which they were received.  Is there, then, a
means to
acknowledge individual messages, possibly out-of-order?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org