qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding asynchronous acknowledgments
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:13:22 GMT
vivek agarwal wrote:
> So, do you mean that in acknowledging messages which are in exclusive
> queues, I dont need to keep the same session/connection open?
>
> Could you please elaborate it more, or point me to a useful resource.

What I mean is that if a consumer didn't keep the same
session/connection, then the messages that were not yet acknowledged
would be requeued back to the private queue and would therefore be
guaranteed to come back to you the next time you connected rather than
going to some other consumer.

In other words, by using a private queue for each consumer you would
never have duplicate acquisition (i.e. the same message would never be
sent to more than one consumer). However obviously there would be
duplicate transmissions to a single consumer and you'd need to detect
and handle that.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org