qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Howard <chris.how...@facilita.co.uk>
Subject Should I be using the messaging API?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:05:16 GMT
  Hi,

I am currently evaluating qpid, to see if it would be suitable for use
within a load testing product. Initially, I am only interested in
running on Windows. I will need to use the C++, .NET, java and python
clients.

I am not sure whether I should be using the "messaging" API, or the
standard API. What are the pros/cons of each? There seems to be very
little documentation for the messaging API,  but it does seem to provide
a simpler interface, and the fact that it is not tied to a particular
version of AMQP is a plus. Is there any functionality that is not
available through this API?

Also, how does the windows port of qpid compare to the linux version?
How much has the windows version been used in the real world?

Regards,
Chris

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org