qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Donohue, Matt" <mdono...@structure-tech.com>
Subject RE: QPID message throughput - Red Hat numbers
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:54:50 GMT
The last project I worked on was the same for me. Not close to the MRG throughput numbers with
the same test and this was on an otherwise optimized trading box.
The MRG qpid rpm was faster than an Intel C++ compiled version though.

Regards,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Crowell [mailto:brian@fluggo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 3:18 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: QPID message throughput - Red Hat numbers

Red Hat claims to be able to get hundreds of thousands of messages
through on an eight core machine
(http://www.redhat.com/mrg/messaging/features/ or
http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/mrg/Reference_Architecture_MRG_Messaging_Throughput.pdf).
I'm working with an eight-core machine, and I'm only getting about
11,000/sec (in; about 6,500/sec out). This is with perftest, default
settings.

What kinds of things do I need to be doing to get better throughput?

--Brian

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org