qpid-users mailing list archives

From David Zhou <dayda...@gmail.com>
Subject remove all consumer sessions of a queue
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:28:28 GMT

Hi all,

my question is:
Is it possible to remove all consumer sessions of a queue?

It's C++ broker and python client I used.

when my apps crash and run into an unpredictable state, the thread that
listening to a queue is gone too.

For queue server, the listening session is still there since my apps have no
chance to call session.close() when crashing.

At first I try to delete the queue and recreate it again, but the queue
server seems to delete the queue when no session is subscribed to it.

If a producer sends a message to the queue, the queue server remove the
listening session after (approximately) 30 mins timeout period because
there's no ack back.

If it is not possible to remove sessions manually, is there any way to
configure the session timeout for queue server?

Thanks in advance.