qpid-users mailing list archives

From cflockhart <craigflockh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Competing consumers with a JMS topic
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:20:19 GMT

Hello,
I know this is possible in ActiveMQ and they call it a "virtual topic".
What we want is for a particular topic subscriber (durable) to have failover
and load balancing amongst consumer instances. In regular JMS you can't do
it because the server only allows a single client to access the queue for
that durable subscription. I was hoping it's possible with the JMS API of
Qpid.
It's certainly possible in the AMQP model, e.g. publish to fanout exchange
and client binds a non-exclusive queue, with each load-balanced consumer
using that queue.
Has anyone accomplished this using the JMS API?

thanks a lot,
Craig