qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maximum of 9999 messages received from the exchange
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:27:37 GMT
try doing session.markCompleted(new RangeSet() { message.Id }, true)
just after session.MessageAccept(new RangeSet() { message.Id });

Rajith

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Petr Postulka <pet.postulka@email.cz> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just started to do some tests with Apache Qpid and i have run into a problem with
maximum number of messages, which can be received by the subscriber.

> I am using a C++ broker under Windows 7 and C# client libraries in my test application.
If I am sending small amount of messages, everything is working fine, but when i tried to
increase the number of messages to more than 9999, I receive only 9999 messages and no more.
After the consumer is restarted I receive another 9999 messages and it stops receiving again.
Can someone tell me, what I am doing wrong? It seems that there is some limit, but I can not
find where. I have found properties like qpid.max_size and qpid.max_count, which can be set
on QueueDeclare method, but whether I put there some big number or not, the behavior is still
same, only 9999 messages at maximum are received. However if I set qpid.max_count=10, it behaves
correctly, only 10 messages are queued and next messages are rejected. So it seems, that this
parameter does not influence the strange behavior.

>  Here is the main part of implementation of my publisher:
>
>        public void Start()
>        {
>            session = connection.CreateSession(500000);
>            session.ExchangeDeclare(configuration.ExchangeName, configuration.ExchangeType,
String.Empty, null, Option.DURABLE);
>        }
>
>        public void SendMessage(string routingKey, byte[] message)
>        {
>            IMessage messageToSent = new Message();
>            messageToSent.DeliveryProperties.SetDeliveryMode(MessageDeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);
>            messageToSent.DeliveryProperties.SetRoutingKey(routingKey);
>            messageToSent.AppendData(message);
>            session.MessageTransfer(configuration.ExchangeName, messageToSent);
>        }
>
>        public void Stop()
>        {
>            session.Close();
>        }
>
> And here is the main part of implementation of my subsriber:
>
>        public void Start()
>        {
>            session = connection.CreateSession(50000);
>            session.ExchangeDeclare(configuration.ExchangeName, configuration.ExchangeType,
String.Empty, null , Option.DURABLE);
>            session.QueueDeclare(configuration.QueueName, String.Empty, new Dictionary<string,
object>() {{ "qpid.policy_type", "reject" }}, Option.DURABLE);
>            session.ExchangeBind(configuration.QueueName, configuration.ExchangeName,
configuration.RoutingKey);
>            session.AttachMessageListener(this, configuration.QueueName);
>            session.MessageSubscribe(configuration.QueueName);
>        }
>
>        public void Stop()
>        {
>            session.Close();
>        }
>
>        #region Implementation of IMessageListener
>
>        public void MessageTransfer(IMessage message)
>        {
>            BinaryReader reader = new BinaryReader(message.Body, Encoding.UTF8);
>            byte[] messageBody = new byte[message.Body.Length - message.Body.Position];
>            reader.Read(messageBody, 0, messageBody.Length);
>
>            Console.WriteLine(message.Id);
>
>            session.MessageAccept(new RangeSet() { message.Id });
>
>            if (OnMessageReceived != null)
>                OnMessageReceived(identifier, messageBody);
>        }
>

> I would be very glad if someone can point me to right direction how to remove the 9999
message limit.

> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Petr