qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Question
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 14:54:46 GMT
For the record, I tried with the rpms released under 1.2 and I was
able to get notified via the exception listener when a read timeout
happens.
I am suspecting something else maybe wrong here.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Wes Parish <wes@firstshotprecision.com> wrote:
> Answers below
>
> Do you have any suggestions that we should try on our side to further troubleshoot the
problem?

> Thanks,
> Wes

is that we are using dynamic queues through JMS, and after a successful failover, the client
application has no way of knowing (without receiving this exception) to re-create the queue
on the secondary host.

> If so do you get notify via the exception listener? (I assume not
> based on your email) Or is it that you are not getting the right
> exception from the listener?
>
>  No, we do not get notified via the exception listener.  We do see the exception on
stdout.

> Rajith
>
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Wes Parish <wes@firstshotprecision.com> wrote:
>> Rajith,
>>
>> Thank you for the quick reply.  We are running Red Hat MRG v1.2 official release.
 Which version did you run your tests against?

>> Thanks,
>> Wes

which occurs when a heartbeat times out, it is not being sent to the onException() method.
 Should this exception be sent like the others to this method?