qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wes Parish" <...@firstshotprecision.com>
Subject RE: JMS Question
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 17:55:59 GMT
Rajith,

Thank you for the quick reply.  We are running Red Hat MRG v1.2 official release.  Which version
did you run your tests against?

Thanks,
Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajith Attapattu [mailto:rajith77@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 5/5/2010 9:32 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMS Question

When the socket timeout happens, you do get notified via onException()
- I just verified this.
However as soon as the "read timeout" happens the connection is also
closed, and another exception is generated.
Therefore you are most likely to see the "connection aborted"
exception from your listener than the "read timeout".

I think it's more desirable if the "read timeout' exception is thrown
rather than the connection closed.
(But please note that the "Read Timeout" exception is logged, so
information is not lost)

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Wes Parish <wes@firstshotprecision.com> wrote:
> When a connection exception is thrown because of a socket timeout exception, which occurs
when a heartbeat times out, it is not being sent to the onException() method.  Should this
exception be sent like the others to this method?

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat