qpid-users mailing list archives

From John Skopis <j...@skopis.com>
Subject Re: equal cost routes
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 15:42:20 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 06:35 PM, John Skopis wrote:
>>>
>>> This means that any matching message sent to fed.topic on pub1 will be
>>> enqueued on fed.local and delivered to *either* fed.topic on sub1 *or* to
>>> the exchange of the same name on sub2.
>>>

>> Running dpublisher.py I see msg 1,2,3,4,5,6 ... on sub1
>>
>> Running publisher.py I see msg 1,3,5... on sub1
>> and
>> msg 2,4,6... on sub2
>>
>> I was wondering if this is a peculiarity with my environment or if it is
>> normal.
>>

> That is unusual. Do you see this behaviour for large numbers (1000s) of
> messages? If so it deserves some investigation.

Hello,

I repeated my test using the multiprocessing module to create more
than 1 session.

With 1 session I received the same results that I described already.
With 2 or more sessions I received results similar to using a single
session and non-persistent message.

My conclusion is that persistent messages are load balanced via
multiple routes, but only when there is more than one session active
on the source broker.
Non-persistent messages are load balanced via multiple routes
regardless of how many active sessions exist on the source broker.

Thanks again,
John

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org