qpid-users mailing list archives

From John Skopis <john.sko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: equal cost routes
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:12:45 GMT
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 06:10 PM, John Skopis wrote:
[snip]

> The persistence of the message should not affect this. However subscribers
> to a queue will share the messages, so if you have more than one route
> through the same queue then the messages will be shared between them. Does
> that sound like your case?

What I observed was that if the message was persistent the routes are
active/passive; if the message is non-persistent the routes are
active/active

I put together this example:
http://springer.networkgimps.com/~skopii/example.tgz

If you have three systems to test pub1, sub1, sub2 run the
pub_setup.sh and sub_setup.sh scripts to create the queues.

Then run the example subscriber.py:
while true; do python subscriber.py; done

and then run publisher.py and dpublisher.py on pub1.

Is it the same for you?

Sorry for the mess. I think the examples demonstrate what I observed
better than I could ever explain.

Thanks,
John

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org