qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: equal cost routes
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 16:24:48 GMT
On 05/19/2010 04:42 PM, John Skopis wrote:
> My conclusion is that persistent messages are load balanced via
> multiple routes, but only when there is more than one session active
> on the source broker.
> Non-persistent messages are load balanced via multiple routes
> regardless of how many active sessions exist on the source broker.

There is certainly no logic to do this, and I don't see the same
behaviour myself. Messages on a queue are not shared out between
subscribers in strict round-robin, subscribers compete to pull them off
the queue as fast as they can. Over a large set of messages this usually
results in a relatively 'fair' allocation. It is possible that the
durability can alter the timings in some cases such that the
distribution appears to be different

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org