qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: equal cost routes
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 18:35:49 GMT
On 05/14/2010 07:12 PM, John Skopis wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Gordon Sim<gsim@redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On 05/12/2010 06:10 PM, John Skopis wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> The persistence of the message should not affect this. However subscribers
>> to a queue will share the messages, so if you have more than one route
>> through the same queue then the messages will be shared between them. Does
>> that sound like your case?
>>

> What I observed was that if the message was persistent the routes are
> active/passive; if the message is non-persistent the routes are
> active/active

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by active/active v.
active/passive here, but the durability of the message should not affect
the routing at all.

> I put together this example:
> http://springer.networkgimps.com/~skopii/example.tgz
>
> If you have three systems to test pub1, sub1, sub2 run the
> pub_setup.sh and sub_setup.sh scripts to create the queues.

In pub_setup.sh you are creating a queue (fed.local) from which messages
will be routed to the subscriber brokers (sub1 and sub2).

This means that any matching message sent to fed.topic on pub1 will be
enqueued on fed.local and delivered to *either* fed.topic on sub1 *or*
to the exchange of the same name on sub2.