qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: error in making libqpidcommon.la? qpidc-0.6
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 15:20:18 GMT
On 05/07/2010 04:46 AM, Lionel Sacks wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks. Solved the specific error I reported below.
> However, there where quire a few other simulator errors - probably from
> other similar sources which I had omitted for brevity... apologies for that.
> The full output is attached.'
>
> I am using gcc 3.6.4... is that not good? Are there, maybe, some options
> I should apply?

The oldest compiler I'm using at the moment is 4.1.2. The INSTALL says the
oldest compiler it was ever built with was 3.4.6 but that was a long time ago
and the codebase has changed a lot since. I doubt there are options that will
help, it looks to me like a compiler bug.

However if the same solution works (outlining some functions) then that's
probably a reasonable change to make in the interests of wider compiler
portability. If you want to fix the code to build on your compiler I can commit
the changes. Create a JIRA
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa, attach your patch
(check yes to the legal disclaimer) and assign it to me.