qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: error in making libqpidcommon.la? qpidc-0.6
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 14:59:26 GMT
On 05/06/2010 08:37 AM, Lionel Sacks wrote:
> Hi,
> a, hopefully, quick question.
> First time trying to build the c++ qpidc-0.6
> Working on Ubuntu 8.4, fresh install of boost etc.
>
> Configure and Make proceed with out errors till:
> Must remake target `libqpidcommon.la'.
>
> when I get a lot of errors like
>
> `.L2263' referenced in section `.rodata' of qpid/.libs/Url.o: defined in
> discarded section `.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4qpid7AddressC1ERKS0_' of
> qpid/.libs/Url.o
>
> for various values of linkonce.t.xxx and then ld exit status 1.
>
> Has anyone any ideas where that may come from? Some incompatible tool or
> library?
>
> thanks for any clues.
>
> Lionel.

The symbol it's complaining about is the copy constructor
qpid::Address::Address(qpid::Address const&). I suspect the fact that Address
has only inline functions is confusing your version of the compiler, I don't see
anything wrong in the code itself.  Out-lining those function might help,
there's no good reason for them to be inline. Try the attached patch, if it
solves your problem I'll commit it.