qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Missing header files after "make install"
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:55:23 GMT
On 04/22/2010 08:51 AM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Hmm - ok. Not good for clean and simple packaging. But if you think that's intended,
I've to include or fetch the qpid sources during build time.

If you're making a source package then "make dist" may be what you want. It
creates a buildable source tarball.
If you're making a binary distribution, the files installed by make install
should be sufficient (e.g. the fedora RPMs are built this way)

> Cajus
>
> Am 22.04.2010 um 14:32 schrieb Alan Conway:
>
>> On 04/22/2010 03:44 AM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>>> Hiho,
>>>
>>> I've just updated the experimental debian lenny packages for qpid-0.6 (c++ broker,
qpidc/python, msgstore) at

>>> http://apt.naasa.net
>>>
>>> While updating the package rules, I noticed that some of the header files needed
to build i.e. the messaging module do not show up after "make install" of qpidc. This is the
case for the complete qpid/broker headers and several headers in qpid/sys, qpid/messaging
and qpid/framing.

>> That is intentional. The installed header files are the public API for developing
qpid clients. The other header files are internal to the implementation and should not be
included by client code.

>> If you want to experiment with modifying the broker for example then you should work
in an svn checkout, not with the installed files.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org