qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clustering overhead
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:12:42 GMT
On 04/09/2010 01:39 PM, Andrew Wright wrote:

> On 8 Apr 2010, at 13:16, Carl Trieloff wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Just a quick follow-up - setting worker-threads=4 noticeably
>>> improved throughput on a single queue in both the standalone and
>>> clustered scenarios. It reduced total throughput somewhat when
>>> standalone:clustered throughput remained at about 2:1. Will let know
>>> if we get any further interesting results.
>>>

>> I know this is odd to ask, but what hardware are you running on
>> brand. As machines that have SMI's are known to reduce throughput in
>> clustered configurations. My employer has worked with some
>> manufactures to provide bios's for certain models for reduced SMIs to
>> resolve this issue.
>>
>> Carl.
>>

> Interesting. This particular test was on HP DL380 G5s. We tend to have
> a mix of G5 and G6s kicking around. I see there is some literature on
> the redhat site re: tuning these models for realtime. Will talk it
> over with our unix team.

Go to http://www.redhat.com/mrg/ and link through to the certified RT
page and pull the updated HP BIOS from HP for MRG for G5 or the
instructions for BIOS setting for G6. That should resolve it for you for
Qpid. If you need assistance, you can also call you HP or Red Hat
account manager

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org