qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Session.addBroker(), Exchange names beginning with "amq." or "qpid." are reserved.
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:37:11 GMT
On 03/13/2010 06:18 PM, Joan Bellver Faus wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem when trying to connect to a broker in order to
> manage a session with the managament, well my code is as follows:
>

> String connectionBroker =
> "amqp://guest:guest@/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5671?ssl='true',sasl_mechs='EXTERNAL''";
>
> sess.addBroker(connectionBroker);
>

> The error is this:
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-3" org.apache.qpid.console.ConsoleException:
> org.apache.qpid.transport.SessionException: ch=0 id=0
> ExecutionException(errorCode=NOT_ALLOWED, commandId=10, classCode=7,
> commandCode=1, fieldIndex=0, description=not-allowed: Exchange names
> beginning with "amq." or "qpid." are reserved.
> (exchange="qpid.management") (qpid/broker/SessionAdapter.cpp:89),
> errorInfo={})
> at org.apache.qpid.console.Broker.tryToConnect(Broker.java:421)
> at org.apache.qpid.console.Broker.<init>(Broker.java:87)
> at org.apache.qpid.console.Session.addBroker(Session.java:70)
>
> I am using the trunk version for both the broker c++ as for the java
> client.
>
> thank you very much.

As a workaround you could perhaps turn off declaring of exchanges using
the system property -Dqpid.declare_exchanges=false.

However I think this really requires a minor change along the lines of
the patch attached. (Some refactoring may be appropriate here to avoid
repeating the same check in two different places).