qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sam Joyce <sjo...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:46:03 GMT
Hi Siamak,
I've had a look in the Headers Exchange code and traced through the
match() code. I've drilled down to the FieldValue impl, which is
ultimately where it decides on a match (the operator==() method),
someone else please jump in here but what I'm seeing is no support for
wild-carding on header values. I know from the docs, that the XML
Exchange supports # and * (multiple/single words) as wildcards but from
my *very* brief look at the code I'm not seeing that support in the
Headers Exchange. This could be a bug but I'll wait for more experienced
qpid heads than mine to give their 2c.
As I am also fairly new to the code base, its very possible that the
wildcarding support may be built into a class that I'm not familiar
with. From what I've seen in the FieldValue class, its doing a direct
compare to get a match.
all the best, and sorry I couldn't give you a better answer :)
Sam