qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started...
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:03:04 GMT
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Cajus Pollmeier <cajus@naasa.net> wrote:
> Thanks. The help thingie did the trick - just exported it to something more usable.
>
> You're talking about qpid.messaging. Where can I find this one? It doesn't seem to be
in my 0.5 installation.

The new messaging API is still being worked out.
However the 0.6 release should contain a fairly workable API.

> Am 16.02.2010 um 15:08 schrieb Gordon Sim:
>
>> On 02/15/2010 05:52 PM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>>> Hmm. Looks like the specs declare an user-id in the message-properties. The python
docs don't tell me much about session.message_properties() and possible methods.

>>> Is there a way to get it?
>>
>> You can get information on the various properties using pythons help mechanism and
an interactive python session. (import qpid.session, then help(qpid.session.Session)). That
will include information on the methods and properties available (most of the text is taken
from the amqp xml spec).

>> msg.get("message_properties").userid lets you get at the userid (I believe msg["message_properties"].userid
would do the same.

>> Btw, you may also want to look at the higher level api in qpid.messaging. It aims
to abstract a lot of the protocol details making it easier to use and more future proof.

I'm playing with the python stuff in the moment. While digging around, I ran into a couple
of questions:

message body. How can I  find out which SASL user sent the message?

LDAP and I'd like to use dynamic groups in order to define ACLs depending on a small number
of groups. In my case, I'd like to store groups inside of my LDAP tree and not statically
defined in my qpid policy file. Is it possible to get this kind of behavior without creating
an additional ACL module?

inside a threaded environment? I've seen that there's a twisted integrated non qpid library
for that, but I can't get it up and running with qpid.

>>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
>>> Use/Interact: mailto:users-subscribe@qpid.apache.org

>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org