qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching listener to the secondary broker
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:53:34 GMT
What client are you using?
The JMS client, the c++ client (and I believe the python client)  all
support failover.
Failover is a facility provided from the client side not the broker.

You can use either the C++ broker or the Java broker.
The c++ broker supports clustering while the java broker currently does not.
Therefore unless persistence is used, all transient messages on the
Java broker instance that went down will be lost.
For some use cases this might be acceptable. Therefore which broker to
use depends on your use case.

Rajith

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Kapil Dhawan
<Kapil.Dhawan@tecnotree.com> wrote:
> Thanks Marnie.
>
> We are using C++ broker but we are open to use Java broker as well.
>
> Regards
> Kapil

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu