qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew L <khayman...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Leave (peek) message on queue
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:16:03 GMT

Changing the code to this obtained the desired result:

    SubscriptionManager idSubscription(session);
    Message m;

    LocalQueue lq;
    qpid::sys::Duration duration(1000000000);

    std::string queue("queue");
    std::string unique = qpid::framing::Uuid(true).str();
    idSubscription.subscribe(lq, queue, SubscriptionSettings(FlowControl::messageCredit(1),
qpid::framing::message::ACCEPT_MODE_NONE, qpid::framing::message::ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED,
0), unique);
    lq.get(m, duration);

It appears that SubscriptionManager::get uses a separate SubscriptionSettings and thus was
not honoring the previous calls to configure the settings from the SubscriptionManager::setAccetMode,
etc.

> From: khayman218@hotmail.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: Leave (peek) message on queue
> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:56:29 -0500
>

> I am trying to just peek at a message on the queue.  I do not want to acquire or accept
it.  I have tried the following code:

>     SubscriptionManager idSubscription(session);
>     Message m;
>     idSubscription.setAcceptMode(qpid::framing::message::ACCEPT_MODE_NONE);
>     idSubscription.setAcquireMode(qpid::framing::message::ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED);
>     idSubscription.get(m, "queue");
>
> I thought I had set the modes correctly (I also tried the ACCEPT_MODE_EXPLICIT), but
the message is always dequeued.  Do I need to release the message?  Or configure the peek
differently?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/