qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Frey, Evan" <evan.f...@us.mizuho-sc.com>
Subject Connecting to another queue manager
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:59:42 GMT
We are currently using Websphere MQ for our enterprise and are curious about
using qpid instead.  Most of our upstream vendors use Websphere as their
messaging middleware.  I wanted to know if there was a transition guide of
some sort that normalizes the nomenclature of Websphere into qpid (amqp)
terms.  My questions in particular are as follows:

 - Does the concepts of sender, receiver, requestor & server channels have an
analogue in qpid
 - Is it possible to connect qpid to a Websphere MQ server (i.e. how can I
put messages on a Websphere MQ queue and vice versa)

I'm not necessarily looking for hand holding, just a good general direction
to go in.

Thanks

Evan

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments,
if any, are confidential. It is neither an offer to buy or sell,
nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any securities or
any related financial instruments mentioned in it. If you are not
the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete
it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail
message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Unless otherwise
indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in
its contents are the sole property of Mizuho Securities USA Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should
check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no
representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory
compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we
may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).