qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject tradedemo
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:54:52 GMT
Hello,

In the trade demo example, there are a couple of things that I would
like to question you about. If we follow that strategy and have a
queue for every symbol, would give a lot o queues in the brokers.

1. How would qpid handle that?
2. I have read somewhere that the broker could handle about 500,000
queues, there are any benchmarks about this?

Now imagine that we follow that approach without problems about the
number of queues and have LVQs.

3. Once a client subscribe NASDAQ.*. How would he receive a snapshot
of the actual state without having to wait to arrive a new message for
every LVQ, once he cannot know all symbol to browse all queues
individually (what would not be a great approach anyway, I think...)?

Thank you a lot!

--
Bruno Matos
bruno.matos@paradigmaxis.pt