qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ramashish Baranwal <ramashish.li...@gmail.com>
Subject qpid for multiple producers and consumers
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:01:37 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to evaluate qpid for an application with distributed
producers and consumers. The application has multiple producers and
multiple consumers, all subscribed to the same queue. The requirement
is that any consumer should be able to receive a message and process
it. The message processing takes some time, so while a consumer is
processing a message other consumers should be able to retrieve other
messages present in the queue so that the processing can happen in
parallel by multiple consumers.

It seems this should be easy to do with qpid, but I haven't been able
to figure out till now. I tried the python examples, direct
producer/consumer looked like what I wanted till I saw that while one
consumer is fetching a message, the other consumer is not able to.
When I close the first consumer, the other consumer picks up from
where the first consumer left. What I want is a parallel behaviour as
mentioned above.

I probably have overlooked something. Any ideas, or suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)
Ram

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org