qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>
Subject Re: Getting started...
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:07:11 GMT
Thanks. The help thingie did the trick - just exported it to something more usable.

You're talking about qpid.messaging. Where can I find this one? It doesn't seem to be in my
0.5 installation.

Am 16.02.2010 um 15:08 schrieb Gordon Sim:

> On 02/15/2010 05:52 PM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>> Hmm. Looks like the specs declare an user-id in the message-properties. The python
docs don't tell me much about session.message_properties() and possible methods.

>> Is there a way to get it?
>
> You can get information on the various properties using pythons help mechanism and an
interactive python session. (import qpid.session, then help(qpid.session.Session)). That will
include information on the methods and properties available (most of the text is taken from
the amqp xml spec).

> msg.get("message_properties").userid lets you get at the userid (I believe msg["message_properties"].userid
would do the same.

> Btw, you may also want to look at the higher level api in qpid.messaging. It aims to
abstract a lot of the protocol details making it easier to use and more future proof.

>> Am 15.02.2010 um 10:55 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> sorry for the badly chosen subject - I'm new to the world of amqp/qpid and I'm
playing with the python stuff in the moment. While digging around, I ran into a couple of
questions:

>>> The python examples offer a .body element for messages, where I can get the message
body. How can I  find out which SASL user sent the message?

>>> Alternatively: for qpid, there's an ACL module. I'm authenticating against LDAP
and I'd like to use dynamic groups in order to define ACLs depending on a small number of
groups. In my case, I'd like to store groups inside of my LDAP tree and not statically defined
in my qpid policy file. Is it possible to get this kind of behavior without creating an additional
ACL module?

>>> And one python thingie: what would be the preferred way to use a python library
inside a threaded environment? I've seen that there's a twisted integrated non qpid library
for that, but I can't get it up and running with qpid.