qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SubscriptionManager performance problem.
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:29:50 GMT
On 02/26/2010 05:13 AM, David Stewart wrote:
> The session was synchronous. Using the AsyncSession brought the 75 seconds down to 5-10
which is a fantastic improvement.
> The bottleneck still appears to be the SessionManager though.
>
> I should mention that we're running a vc90 C++ client against a vc90 C++ broker. Could
the broker be the problem?
> Should I see better performance from a linux broker?

I suspect the synchronous subscribe() is still the big hold up.
Attached patch adds a synchronous option to SubscriptionSettings

Use it like this:

     SubscriptionSettings settings;
     settings.synchronous = false;
     subs.subscribe(*this, queue, settings);

If it helps I'll consider committing it if there are no objections.

Gordon/Rafi: this raises an interesting question for the new APIs. It seems like
async declare/bind/subscribe are important features for cases like this. This
isn't the first such case, I seem to remember JPMC folks having a case where
they were declaring large quantities of queues and needed it to be async.