qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Getting started...
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:08:02 GMT
On 02/15/2010 05:52 PM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Hmm. Looks like the specs declare an user-id in the message-properties. The python docs
don't tell me much about session.message_properties() and possible methods.

> Is there a way to get it?

You can get information on the various properties using pythons help
mechanism and an interactive python session. (import qpid.session, then
help(qpid.session.Session)). That will include information on the
methods and properties available (most of the text is taken from the
amqp xml spec).

msg.get("message_properties").userid lets you get at the userid (I
believe msg["message_properties"].userid would do the same.

Btw, you may also want to look at the higher level api in
qpid.messaging. It aims to abstract a lot of the protocol details making
it easier to use and more future proof.

> Am 15.02.2010 um 10:55 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry for the badly chosen subject - I'm new to the world of amqp/qpid and I'm playing
with the python stuff in the moment. While digging around, I ran into a couple of questions:

>> The python examples offer a .body element for messages, where I can get the message
body. How can I  find out which SASL user sent the message?

>> Alternatively: for qpid, there's an ACL module. I'm authenticating against LDAP and
I'd like to use dynamic groups in order to define ACLs depending on a small number of groups.
In my case, I'd like to store groups inside of my LDAP tree and not statically defined in
my qpid policy file. Is it possible to get this kind of behavior without creating an additional
ACL module?

>> And one python thingie: what would be the preferred way to use a python library inside
a threaded environment? I've seen that there's a twisted integrated non qpid library for that,
but I can't get it up and running with qpid.