qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Getting started...
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:08:00 GMT
On 02/15/2010 09:55 AM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the badly chosen subject - I'm new to the world of amqp/qpid and I'm playing
with the python stuff in the moment.

Welcome!

> While digging around, I ran into a couple of questions:
>
> The python examples offer a .body element for messages, where I can get the message body.
How can I  find out which SASL user sent the message?

The sending client can set the userid on the message (in
message-properties). This can then be enforced by the broker (so that
clients can't send messages purporting to be from someone else). The
receiving client can then read that property. However at present
messages may not all have the userid set.

> Alternatively: for qpid, there's an ACL module. I'm authenticating against LDAP and I'd
like to use dynamic groups in order to define ACLs depending on a small number of groups.
In my case, I'd like to store groups inside of my LDAP tree and not statically defined in
my qpid policy file. Is it possible to get this kind of behavior without creating an additional
ACL module?

No, not at present.

> And one python thingie: what would be the preferred way to use a python library inside
a threaded environment? I've seen that there's a twisted integrated non qpid library for that,
but I can't get it up and running with qpid.

That library is based on the 0-8 or 0-9 version of the protocol and thus
will not work with qpidd (the c++ based broker). It should work with the
java based broker as that supports the older versions of AMQP as well.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org