qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Install ssl module in qpidc-0.5
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:44:33 GMT
On 02/02/2010 05:40 PM, Joan Bellver Faus wrote:

> Hello, I have two questions the respect of the installation of ssl
> support for Qpid.
>
> When installed the nss and nspr Libreries, this create a two directory
> in /src/include, this are nss and nspr, but when i make install de qpid,
> it try find the directory nspr4 and nss3, my solutions is create a two
> simbolic link with name nspr4 and nss3. is it correctly?

The configure script (assuming you are using autotools rather than
cmake) should use nspr-config/nss-config to set the includes and lib
paths correctly.

If you run 'nss-config --cflags --libs' what do you see? What platform
are you running on? Did you build the nss/nspr stuff yourself or use
packaged versions for your platform?

> With the previous solution i managed to install Qpid with ssl, but the
> module ssl.so is in the directory /qpidc-05/src/.libs/, this directory
> can be configured to be installed in another specific location? for
> example with some argument of the command. / configure

You can use the --prefix option to configure. That will alter the
location to which installed artefacts from the build are moved on make
install.

The locations for the modules relative to the install root are set by
the dmoduledir and cmoduledir variables (defaults set in
src/Makefile.am). I think you should be able to specify values for those
as arguments to configure.