qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: --ssl-cert-password-file problem
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:48:18 GMT
On 02/02/2010 12:32 PM, ricardlf wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm trying to execute a broker instance that requires SSL client side
> authenticaiton. Following explanations on qpid website I tried to execute
> this comand:
> ./qpidd ./qpidd --load-module /libs/ssl.so --ssl-cert-password-file ~/pfile
> --ssl-cert-db ~/server_db/ --ssl-cert-name localhost.localdomain
> --ssl-require-client-authentication
>
> And I've got this exception:
> critical Broker start-up failed: Error in command line options: unknown
> option ssl-cert-password-file

This means that the ssl module is not loaded.

> I have downloaded and installed NSS and NSPR libraries. So my question is:
> - ┬┐Is the boldfaced (/libs/ssl.so) library in the example refering to nspr
> or nss library?

It is referring to the qpid ssl module. Assuming you are running qpidd
as built from your own svn checkout, the ssl.so module is in the '.libs'
directory beneath src in the build tree. I think you may just need to
modify the module loading directive to be a relative path, e.g.:

   --load-module .libs/ssl.so

If you don't have an ssl.so in that location then have a log in the
configure.log to see why it didn't detect your nss libs (these are
required to build the ssl support on linux).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org