qpid-users mailing list archives

From jerdavis <jerda...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Need Help Using Native Java API
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:12:58 GMT

I need a little help with the Native Java API.
I chose not to use JMS because I'm trying to accomplish a specific messaging
pattern that doesn't work in JMS:

I would like to read from a queue, and not ACK the messages until a later
time, and I don't want to have to individually ack each message at the end.
Should my app crash or otherwise signal the Broker before the ACK, it may
also ask the broker to redeliver all the messages.

So for example.. Read 1 million messages, and on the 1 millionth, send one
ack, and the Broker deletes all 1M from the Queue.
However if during processing the 500,000th message my application throws an
exception, I would signal the broker to start over from Msg #1.

Would this sort of thing be possible?

I was able to implement this on rabbitMQ with AMQP0-8 by:
channel.basicGet(NO_ACK)
then
channel.basicAck( DeliveryTag(a long) from the Millionth Msg,
true(ACK_MULTIPLE) )

Many thanks!