qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jen Andre <jan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection: read timed out
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:26:54 GMT

Thanks! I pulled the version from trunk, and indeed disabling qpid.heartbeat
did indeed fix it.

I also wrote a simple java TCP client that connects to a server (in my case,
just netcat -l) and prints messages it gets and the current timestamp.  I
ran it on the "bad server", then sent it some messages periodically. if I
setSoTimeout() on the socket for 120000 ms, I get the
"SocketTimeoutException: read timed out", even though the last message was
received 13 seconds ago.  If I don't set the timeout, the program runs fine
forever.

So: something strange is happening on this VM, possibly.