qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Autoconf problem in persistence module.
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:31:54 GMT
On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 13:09 -0800, Inoshiro Linden wrote:
> Is this the wrong venue for discussion the C++ persistence plugin?  I
> am attempting to build revision r3372 to work with the 0.5 qpidc
> release.
>
> There is some problem with autoconf in the persistence module that I don't grok.
>
> It's a syntax error in this line:   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(APR, apr-1 >=
> $APR_MINIMUM_VERSION)
>
> This is a /bin/sh script.  So is this an incorrectly unexpanded m4 macro?
>

> The relevant trancript follows:
>
> cd build/persistence-module-cpp && ./configure --with-qpid-prefix=/usr
> --prefix=/usr

> ./configure: line 22071: syntax error near unexpected token `APR,'
> ./configure: line 22071: `  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(APR, apr-1 >=
> $APR_MINIMUM_VERSION)'

I am not an expert on the autotools...

It is likely that this is related to the versions of autotools in use.
What are the versions of autoconfig/automake/libtool you are using? I
have:

automake17-1.7.9-13
automake16-1.6.3-18
automake15-1.5-27
automake14-1.4p6-19
autoconf-2.63-5
libtool-2.2.6-17

There may also be distro differences; a lot of what is generated depends
on what you have installed.  My configure file only has 20658 lines, and
contains no line such as the one which is giving you problems. I agree
it looks suspiciously like an autoconf macro that is improperly expanded
or included in the final script. This macro is not used directly in the
configure.ac file, however.

I'm assuming you ran bootstrap immediately before, which is responsible
for generating the configure script.

Here is a thread on a similar issue...
http://www.mail-archive.com/qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg01941.html.
This makes me ask if there are old m4 script files lying around? Try a
fresh checkout without any old builds or previous configurations present
in the build dir.

Sorry, I have no absolute answers on this.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org