qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ramez Mani <kmuram...@gmail.com>
Subject Notification on message expiry
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:28:38 GMT
Hi,
Is it possible to get notified if a message(with TTL set) expires?
     Basically I want to store transaction context in queue(with ttl) and
send a request.
     So on response will retrieve the context from queue.
     If no response(event/context  not dequeued) within ttl, should get a
notification.

Currently we are using our own message-queue implementation and thinking of
using QPID instead.

This is how our current system works.
Client keeps sending request to server
For each request sent by client ,it should get response in 10 secs.
Before sending request to server ,client will enqueue/store an event/context
(with ttl 10secs) in queue.
If it gets response in 10 sec,the corresponding event will be
removed/dequeued.
If not, the event will expire and client will be notified(Broker will put a
message in client's queue)

I am using C++ broker and c++ client (qpid-cpp-0.5).

Thanks,
Ramesh