qpid-users mailing list archives

From Charles Woerner <cwoer...@demandbase.com>
Subject resizing persistent queue journal
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 01:39:43 GMT
Hello,

I have 3 questions relating to persistent queue journal sizing:

1) What is the recommended way to expand the size of a queue's
journal?  Ie. if I reach the 80% threshhold is there a way to expand
the journal size by redefining the num-jfiles and jfile-size-pgs of an
existing durable queue?

2) The qpid source makes reference to an auto_expand property, but I
don't see any documentation on that.  Can I set that property on an
existing queue in order to coax it to expand itself?

3) Lastly, the /etc/qpidd.conf and qpidd startup parameters pertaining
to journal size (num-jfiles, jfile-size-pgs) don't seem to have any
affect for me.  Using them as addQueueOptions to queue-config, however
does work.  Is the expected behavior that new queues should inherit
those properties if specific num-jfiles and jfile-size-pgs are not
explicitly declared at queue creation time?
__

Charles Woerner  | cwoerner@demandbase.com |   demandbase   |
415.683.2669