qpid-users mailing list archives

From denny86 <denny...@geojit.com>
Subject Re: Bad allocation error
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:42:34 GMT

Gordon Sim wrote:

> In your first mail you stated you were using ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED.
> Are you in fact using ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRED? If so that is what I
> was suggesting. In that case you do not need to manually acquire at all.

Initially, i set to ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED and ACCEPT_MODE_EXPLICIT only.

But if i do ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRED and ACCEPT_MODE_EXPLICIT combination,
will i get reliable transfer? ie, for eg, if i lost a message, then will i
get in the next try, provided publisher and broker is running with no
issues?

Gordon Sim wrote:

> The default subscription settings give reliable transfer. When used with
> a listener auto-ack will only accept messages after the listeners
> received() method returns so you often will not need to resort to manual
> accepts either (unless you have some need to e.g. release some messages
> or if you are using a LocalQueue).
>
> Have you tried with the default subscription settings?

No, i left two fields - autoAck and flow control. Only used this
ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED and ACCEPT_MODE_EXPLICIT as subscription
parameters.

Also i am confused with sub settings, should i configure subscription
settings through SubscriptionManager class OR SubscriptionSettings Class? I
have done the former one