qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PHP bindings for Qpid?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:15:35 GMT
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Michael DeHaan
<michael.dehaan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm curious if anyone has any existing/working PHP bindings for qpid?

I am afraid we don't have any PHP bindings at the moment.

> I have found http://code.google.com/p/php-amqplib/ which works
> sufficiently well with RabbitMQ, though apparently it does not play
> work (so I'm told) with qpid.
> Perhaps minor differences in implementation of the protocol are at
> issue?  (Or, if someone has had success here, can you share?)

It will not work with the c++ broker as it supports only the 0-10
version of the protocol.
However it should work reasonably well with the Java broker as it
supports 0-8,0-9 and 0-10 versions of the protocol.

> I'm well aware of the existing Ruby/Python/C bindings which work
> great... and am hoping I don't have to develop my own for the PHP
> side, on top of the C client
> libraries.

Sadly we don't have a portable C client yet.
There is talk about a protocol engine written in C.
If that happens we could potentially support more clients than we have
today using something like swig.

Rajith

> Thanks!
>
> --Michael