qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ broker, java client
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 04:59:21 GMT
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Brant Boehmann <brant.boehmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Glen will be running your test soon, but I may have stumbled across
> the issue while digging through qpid code.
>
> The docs say a url of the form: It

> It then goes on to give examples like:
>
> amqp:///test?brokerlist='localhost'
> amqp:///test?brokerlist='tcp://anotherhost:5684?retries='10''
> amqp://guest:guest@/test?brokerlist='vm://:1;vm://:2'&failover='roundrobin'
> amqp://guest:guest@/test?brokerlist='vm://:1;vm://:2'&failover='roundrobin?cyclecount='20''
> amqp://guest:guest@client/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost;tcp://redundant-server:5673?ssl='true''&failover='roundrobin'
> amqp://guest:guest@/test?brokerlist='vm://:1'&failover='nofailover'
>

> This implies that the user info (ie guest:guest) are not required.

Yes the documentation does imply that, all though the code doesn't reflect it.
I sincerely apologize for this mistake.
One of the biggest issues we have right now is that our documentation
is sometimes out of sync with the code.
We are trying to address this as a matter of priority.

All though the code treats the user_info as mandatory sometimes it
doesn't make sense especially when using mechanisms like anon or
kerberos.
So IMO the documentation is correct and the username/password should
be optional.
However looking at the svn history, it seems that the user info has
always been treated mandatory.

We should either fix the code or the documentation.
Would you like to create a JIRA for this?
Again sorry for the inconvenience.

> Since we are using no auth on the qpid broker anything we pass here
> will make us fail authentication.

If you have disabled authentication in the broker then there should
not be any problem.
Could you please let us know if you are using the trunk broker or if
you are using a particular release.
Also please paste the output of the broker.

> So we decided to try a form without a username/password. This seemed
> logical to us because we have python code that is not providing
> username/password.

As explained above the code does not treat the userinfo as optional.