qpid-users mailing list archives

From Amqp Pqma <a...@live.com>
Subject RE: Help with Qpid Cluster
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 03:24:19 GMT

No, it did not show --cluster-name option, but now it does :)

I fixed the problem using: yum install qpidd-cluster

Thanks!

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 22:15:10 -0500
> From: cctrieloff@redhat.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Help with Qpid Cluster
>

> if you do qpidd --help
>
> does it show the cluster section?  ..
> ..
>
> Cluster Options:
>   --cluster-name NAME        Name of cluster to join
>   --cluster-url URL          URL of this broker, advertized to the cluster.
>                              Defaults to a URL listing all the local IP
>                              addresses
>
>   --cluster-username         Username for connections between brokers
>   --cluster-password         Password for connections between brokers
>   --cluster-mechanism        Authentication mechanism for connections
> between
>                              brokers
>   --cluster-cman             Integrate with Cluster Manager (CMAN) cluster.
>   --cluster-size N (1)       Wait for N cluster members before allowing
> clients
>                              to connect.
>   --cluster-read-max N (10)  Experimental: flow-control limit  reads per
>                              connection. 0=no limit.
>
> ..
> ..
>
> If not the module has not loaded, which probably means some more yum ..
> is needed.  {qpidd-cluster}
>
> the big hammer ....
>
> yum install qpid*
> yum install python-qpid*
>
> Let me know if that fixes it.
>
> Carl.
>

> Amqp Pqma wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am following these instructions to setup a cluster: http://qpid.apache.org/starting-a-cluster.html

> > I installed qpidd from Fedora repository.
> > The problem I am facing is that my qpidd installation does not support --custer-name
option.

> > -------------
> > $ qpidd -p5672 --cluster-name=MY_CLUSTER --log-output=cluster0.log -d --no-data-dir
--auth=no

> > 2009-12-02 20:53:27 critical Unexpected error: Error in command line options: unknown
option cluster-name

> > Use --help to see valid options
> >
> > qpidd --help returns the following: http://pastebin.com/f600aa3f
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_4:092009

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Windows Live Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_1:092009