qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Scale question
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:15:24 GMT
Hi Jon,

> I notice that the default connection count for qpid is 300
> connections. That seems very low for the use case I'm interested in.

Ok, it's tunable.

> Is it reasonable to expect that each broker can serve 10,000
> to 20,000 connections, if each connection just sees a few
> messages a second, totaling perhaps a kilobyte each of
> payload per second?

Those numbers will pretty well max out a Gbit ethernet interface, but
there's no reason it can't work with sufficient hardware. 60K msgs/sec
should be doable without much problem.

> Does this expectation hold up if I use queue forward
> clustering (all exchanges are fan-out) across a hundred
> brokers, each with 10,000 to 20,000 users?

Yow... I've never tried something like that, but given enough switching
and horsepower, it's worth a try.

Keep us posted... Sounds like an interesting use.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org