qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Springer <rsprin...@etinternational.com>
Subject BDB Message store - rationale?
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:50:54 GMT
Hey all - we have run up against the max open files aspect of using the
message store plugin, and would rather not require our users edit
limits.conf to be able to run our software (and the fact that we'd just
be racing against the scaling up of the number of declared queues is
scary), so we were considering potential alternative solutions.

The first question that came up was regarding the message store plugin's
use of journal files - why is such a large number (8) the default?  Why
are the queues created per-queue, as opposed to a coarser-grained
implementation, etc?

Google and mailing list searches didn't reveal a ton of rationale /
design discussions, so we figured we'd ask directly...

Finally, if this isn't the mailing list to ask this on (is there a Red
Hat one for the message store?), could y'all direct me there?

Thanks a ton!
-Rob

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org